Tea Dress

Happy Monday everyone!

yellow tea dress_1

||Wearing: Abbie Tea Dress – thanks to Darling Clothes!, Schutz Lace Shoes, Ann Taylor Necklace (similar here)||

I have a huge weakness for dresses.  Although I don’t wear them as often as I like but I tend to gravitate toward dresses first whenever I shop.  There is something inherently cheerful about the addition of dresses to my wardrobe.  When I was given an opportunity to choose an item for review from Darling Clothes, I was immediately drawn to this tea dress after the first few seconds of perusing.  I don’t know if it was the sunshine yellow, the embroidered raindrops pattern or the ladylike silhouette of the dress that I was drawn to.  Whatever the case, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of the dress.  Quite frankly, I didn’t know what to expect just like my other internet purchases.   Other than the price, the quality of the material is the most important thing that I look for when it comes to online shopping because I can’t touch the material physically.

Luckily, this dress was more than what I had expected when it arrived.  The color of the dress somehow appears richer in person than the photo.  The fabric has a little stiffness to it but it is of great quality, which allows the skirt to stay poofed.  The cut is very flatering and it is right on trend for spring.  The first time I tried this dress on I felt like a little girl and all I wanted to do was to have a cup of tea and water my roses in my garden.

yellow tea dress_2

yellow tea dress_4

yellow tea dress_3

yellow tea dress_5

Photography:  Gabriel Burrafato

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

This week I’m linking with these fabulous ladies:

The Style RecordPlane PrettyStill Being MollyMonday MingleDC InstyleManic Monday#AllAboutYouTrend Spin LinkupStyle ElixirThe Pleated PoppyTransatlantic BlondBecause Shanna Said SoMix and Match FashionSpotlight Link Up WeekdayTres-Fashion Thursday Link UpPenniless SocialiteThree-fer Thursday LinkFashion Informant, I Feel Pretty Challenged, Fashion Friday

Tagged:

Comments: 16

1. Agi April 14, 2014 at 7:39 am Reply

Very pretty dress. It’s always hard to know what the item really looks like until it arrives. Such a pretty dress and it’s perfect for tea.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

2. Rhea April 14, 2014 at 8:57 am Reply

i love this dress! i’m with you — when i’m out shopping i gravitate towards dresses as well. i do need more pants in my life but dresses always call out to me!

happy monday!

Rhea, Et Cetera – tee over dress

3. Tara April 14, 2014 at 10:11 am Reply

Beautiful dress!!!

4. Gina @ On the Daily Express April 14, 2014 at 10:56 am Reply

You look sooo beautiful and elegant Janise. (When do you not, though? Seriously!) This yellow dress is so flattering on you and the silver lace up heels are TO DIE FOR.
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

5. marie April 14, 2014 at 11:15 am Reply

such beautiful colors for spring!

6. Aracely April 14, 2014 at 11:57 am Reply

You look lovely in these colors Janise! Those lace up heels are amazing!

7. Carylee April 14, 2014 at 7:26 pm Reply

Such a huge fan of that dress! But then I saw the shoes, and that topped it all off for me! So perfect!

8. Lyddiegal April 15, 2014 at 8:33 am Reply

I have a weakness for dresses as well, I love to buy them and wear them, this one is so perfect for springtime!

9. Deborah {Wedding Thingz} April 15, 2014 at 9:38 pm Reply

Cute dress for spring!

10. Red Tag Chic Los Angeles April 17, 2014 at 6:34 am Reply

Nobody could rock a dress like that as sweetly as you Janise!!!

Rebecca

11. Sara Miller- Style For The Seasons April 17, 2014 at 8:38 am Reply

This dress is darling and I love it paired with those fun heels! Such a cute look!

12. Mama and More aka Zaz April 18, 2014 at 7:17 am Reply

Gorgeous dress, you look just dreamy Janise! Thanks for linking to #AllAboutYou, off to add to the group Pinterest board

13. Fashion Confessions of a Mommy April 18, 2014 at 8:04 am Reply

Just a stunning dress and love the trendy metallic heels and the necklace with it. You look beautiful.
    Daphne.

14. Angie April 19, 2014 at 8:02 am Reply

Janise,
    That dress is so perfect on you. It is fantastic for spring and also for Eater brunches! I love that the blue raindots are embroidered and not printed becasue I’m sure it gives a richness and texture to the fabric. What a lovely look, thank you for sharing and linking up with #AllAboutYou!

Have a very Happy Easter!

Angie from reasons to dress, life as a North American mom in Italy.

15. natasha @ twenty-something blog April 19, 2014 at 4:08 pm Reply

Yellow and blue… such a pretty combination :)
    Visiting from Favorite Fashion Friday!

xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

16. Kristin April 20, 2014 at 11:47 pm Reply

What a pretty dress! It’s so spring ready!