Hi! Hope your weekend was treating you well. I had a bit of a drama. With my phone. Let’s just say that I almost lost my mind when my phone died the first thing in the morning during an ios upgrade. After hours of phone support, I had to take my phone to the store to get it restored. Luckily, I didn’t lose any data only a big chunk of my time. I wasn’t fully operational until 1:30 pm on Saturday. Other than that, it was nice and quiet.
So today is quite special. I’m so excited to share with you that I have recently joined the Fashion Flash Linkup with a group of fabulous ladies over 40. Fashion Flash Linkup is an online group of women bloggers covering beauty, fashion, fitness, lifestyle, and travel. We do a link roundup every Monday. This week the lovely Marcia from Beauty Info Zone is hosting Fashion Flash. Don’t forget to stop by her space and check out all the fabulous links.
If you have been scrolling your social media accounts then you may have noticed the slip dress has been all over the runway and street style for a few seasons. And I don’t think it will go away anytime soon. One can argue that the slip dress is considered a classic.
As much as I love wearing slip dresses to sleep I also love wearing them to dinner or cocktail parties. Of course, I have to make an effort not to look like I actually crawled out of bed. If you have a slip dress or in the market for one but not sure how to style it, here are some tips to help you:
- Take your dress to dinner by pairing it with a soft open cardigan and high-heeled sandals like how I wore it in these photos.
- Wear it over a t-shirt for that casual vibe.
- Layer a bodysuit beneath a slip dress without adding bulk.
- Throw on a motorcycle leather jacket over a slip dress for that sexy punk look. I would recommend this look to the twenty-somethings, but I can also see Lauren Hutton or Julianne Moore rocking this look.
- Or throw on a cropped shell over a slip dress for a casual-yet-sleek look.
But really you can rock a slip dress regardless of your age. I’m over forty and I do intend to wear this slip dress for years to come – well, that’s my plan 🙂